Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Review *NO SPOILERS*


My Thoughts

Me in the empty theater an
 hour before the previews
Last night I saw the premiere of Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again and I am still unsure what to say.  I was so excited to see the movie that I made my family show up at 9PM for a 9:50PM showing.  We definitely didn't need to show up that early considering the next people didn't show up until 9:30PM but oh well!  Before going in I was interested in a few things.  The first was what is Meryl Streeps role in this movie?  I had only seen a quick snippet of her in a preview.  I also wondered about how the flashbacks would work.  Will they be half and half of the movie or back and forth over the whole time?  I won't give any spoilers away about what happens in the movie though.  Mamma Mia 2 held up to my very high expectations.  I loved the movie and all the songs and dancing.  I will say that if you are anything like me, aka a big baby, you may want to bring tissues.

The movie is set forward five years from the first movie where Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) and Sam (Pierce Brosnan) are working to reopen Donna's island hotel.  While showing Sophie preparing for the grand re-opening, it also drifts casually back and forth with young Donna (Lily James) when she met young Sam (Jeremy Irving), Bill (Josh Dylan), and Harry (Hugh Skinner).  Through the movie we follow Sophie as things come up during the re-opening and young Donna through the stories from the diary Sophie found in the last movie.

Some interesting but small things I found in the movie was that Sophie of course calls Sam, Bill, and Harry all dad.  She also writes an invitation to her grandma for the re-opening but tears it up leaving us question when Cher will come in as 'grandma' like seen in the previews.  Some personal thoughts are that I wanted to both laugh and cry within the first ten minutes.  Also that all the actors playing young Sam, Bill, and Harry somewhat look like puppy dogs with their big eyes and cute smiles.

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again songs

Besides that, I thought I would share a preview of all the songs sung in Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!

When I Kissed The Teacher  by Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Alexa Davies, and Celia Imrie)
I Wonder (Departure)  by Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, and Alexa Davies
One of Us  by Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper
Waterloo  by Hugh Skinner and Lily James
Why Did It Have To Be Me  by Josh Dylan, Lily James and Hugh Skinner
I Have A Dream  by Lily James
Kisses of Fire  by Panos Mouzourakis
Andante, Andante  by Lily James
The Name Of The Game  by Lily James
Knowing Me, Knowing You  by Jeremy Irvine, Lily James, Pierce Brosnan, and Amanda Seyfried
Angel Eyes  by Christine Baranski, Julie Walters, and Amanda Seyfried
Mamma Mia  by Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, and Alexa Davies
\Dancing Queen  by Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgard, Amanda Seyfried, Christine Baranski, Julia Walters, Nad Pierce Brosnan
I've Been Waiting For You  by Amanda Seyfried, Christine Baranski, and Julie Walters
Fernando  by Cher and Andy Garcia
My Love, My Life  by Amanda Seyfried, Lily James, and Meryl Streep
Super Trouper  by Cher, Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgard, Andy Garcia, Amanda Seyfried, Dominic Cooper, Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Alexa Davies, Josh Dylan, Jeremy Irvine, and Hugh Skinner
The Day Before You Came  by Meryl Streep



I hope you enjoy the movie as much as I did!  I actually was so excited I dressed up as Donna (Meryl Streep) in overalls like her classic look from the first Mamma Mia (as seen to the right).  Comment any thoughts from before and after seeing the movie.  I want to see what all you other Dancing Queens think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Wilmington Locations All 'One Tree Hill' Fans Must Visit

Night Time Drive Playlist