Review: KIKO/LUSH Makeup and Face Masks

I'm not the best when it comes to facial routines and keeping my skin healthy but with school stress and temporarily moving to a different country, I knew I needed to take better care of my skin while in Italy.  I decided to try some new products and branch out from my typical Clinique routine.  Europe has many more laws compared to the United States, blocking out many ingredients we put in our foods and beauty products because they are unhealthy.  The first brand I tried is KIKO, an Italian brand started in Milan in 1997.  The next was Lush, although sold in America was founded in the United Kingdom so it follows all of the European rules to make it healthier.  I haven't tried many things at Lush besides their bath bombs which I love!  Below are my reviews on the products I have tried since being here.  Let me tell you, I'm not sure I'll be able to not use these products anymore once I'm home, they are that amazing!

KIKO

Waterproof Mascara

I never wear waterproof mascara but figured I might want some, being the baby I am, for when I go home because I'll probably cry!  My second week here I bought my waterproof mascara from KIKO and I have worn it multiple different days since being here- especially when we went swimming at the Cinque Terre!  There was no running of mascara and my eyelashes still looked great.  What I love, love, love about this mascara is how smooth it is.  For the price, it was a great quality and doesn't clump when putting it on like my Urban Decay mascara does when I put a second coat on.  I would definitely recommend buying this mascara.  Thinking about it, I don't know why I haven't gone back to get the non-waterproof mascara yet! 

Lipstick

A girl always needs her favorite shade of lipstick on her no matter where she is going.  I've tried drugstore lipstick to very pricey lipstick and I must say KIKO lipstick is the perfect in between.  With the great cost you are losing quality like you typically get with cheaper lipstick.  This lipstick held for me all night while out and chatting with my friends.  It isn't waxy, the lipstick goes on smoothly and comfortably.  I love this lipstick I might just have to buy a couple more colors.

LUSH

Cup-O-Coffee Face Mask

I don't do face masks on the regular like I probably should but since being in Italy, my roommate Maggie has introduced me to the routine.  With the Cup-O-Coffee face mask, you rub it on and leave it on for at least 15 minutes then wash it off.  It is a hydrating mask and for only $10 you get a plentiful size which lasted the two of us a couple weeks!  This mask has coffee grounds in it so it smells amazing, even for this non-coffee drinker.  After only the first use, my skin felt very silky and I already felt better.  While being in Italy for only 6 weeks, I am taking a whole semesters worth of credits, meaning a semesters worth of work shoved into this small time frame so my face is definitely struggling with all the stress. 

Mask of Magnaminty Face Mask

This face/body mask has peppermint oil in it which gives it a minty fresh feeling.  Mask of Magnaminty is a face mask was made to be "intensely cleansing but never harsh or abrasive" according to Lush's website.  The mask pulled out everything from my pores without hurting because it washes off rather than pulling it off like some charcoal masks I have used.  The mask was very hydrating and after a few days my skin looked great.  I did break out some just because the mask brought any dirt up so do not use the day before an important event.  This is definitely a mask you want to use at most once a week or so depending on your personal preference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Review *NO SPOILERS*

23 Wilmington Locations All 'One Tree Hill' Fans Must Visit

Night Time Drive Playlist