22 Things Every Modern Woman Should Carry in Her Purse

Some things a girl just always needs in her purse!  Here are twenty-two items I believe every modern woman should carry in her purse no matter where she is going.

1.  Lipstick/Lipgloss
Every lady should have their favorite shade of lipstick or lipgloss that they can have to throw on or touch up when on the go.  This is a must because you never know when you will want to make your lips pop or dress yourself up a little more when you may have not expected it.  Of course accompany this with chapstick, duh!

2.  Advil/Aspirin
Being somewhere and getting a headache or cramps because you don't have a pain reliever is the worst.  Never get caught without something to cure a headache because with a headache you can't enjoy your day or focus on what is in front of you very well.

3.  Safety Pins
A wardrobe malfunction is a crisis that most aren't able to fix without a safety pin!  Always be able to fix your own or a fellow friend who may find themselves within havoc if their strap breaks or they rip a hole in their skirt.

4.  Nail Clippers
Hang nails may be just as bad as a headache.  They aren't typically painful but distraction wise they are on the same level!  Personally, hang nails are the worst and I hate when I get one and cannot clip it.  Nail clippers are important to have for hang nails, if you break a nail, or find one of your nails is a bit too sharp.

5.  Hand Sanitizer
You never know who touched what you're touching and what that person interacted with before touching that item when out in public.  I'm not a clean 'freak' but I definitely always have a travel size bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse.  When commuting on public transportation systems, grabbing togo food, or many situations you could find yourself in, hand sanitizer just seems like a must!

6.  Hand Lotion
A small bottle of hand lotion is very important.  Ever find your knee or elbows to be ashy/dry right before something important like meeting your boyfriend's family or going into an interview?  Once you notice you can't help but wonder if other notice also.  On top of your knees, dry hands just aren't good.  I always lotion my hands a bit after washing my hands in winter so they don't dry out with the cold air.

7.  Tide TOGO Stick
I'm not sure about everyone else but sometime I am just like a little kid when I eat ice cream!  I don't realize it but I'm enjoying my food and whoops I've dropped a bit on my shirt.  For a while I didn't carry a Tide TOGO Stick in my purse because I swore I was clean and not a messy eater but then I dropped spaghetti down one of my new sweaters.  Thank goodness my friend I was eating with had one because it saved my sweater by cleaning it ASAP.  Never again will I purposefully not have one on me to save me from my ice cream stains!

8.  Bandaids
Honestly, bandaids are a must.  From a  paper cut to blisters from new shoes bandaids are necessary to have so you can fix the problem and patch yourself up easily.  I'm not sure there's much explaining necessary as to why carrying bandaids in your purse is such a good idea.

9.  Tissues
I personally don't enjoy tissues.  There's something about blowing my nose in front of people that makes me feel uncomfortable and gross.  Ignoring that feeling, sometimes you've got to blow your nose or wipe a small cut there are endless reasons as to why a small pack of tissues is a necessity.

10.  Breath Mints/Gum
Good smelling breath is a must, no matter where you are going or who you are talking to.  As cute as my boyfriend is, I definitely don't enjoy talking or kissing smelly breath and I'm sure him and everyone else can agree with that!

11.  Hair Ties/Bobby Pins
Ever wear your hair down then 1PM hits and the sun is scorching down so you regret wearing your hair down?  If you have extra hair ties in your purse you never have to worry about that!  Whispy hairs? Pin them back!  This is something I personally need to improve on.  When trapshooting I always have my hair pulled back into a ponytail or braided but since getting my bangs cut I have too many whipsy hairs that won't stay back.  I always have to steal bobby pins straight out of my mom's hair because I forget to bring my own in my purse!

12.  Pen
A pen and even a small notepad of post-its is such a good idea in my eyes to have in your purse!  Of course, now-a-days you can write notes in your phone but sometimes it is just nice to write a list out.  Whether writing a list or not, a pen is something to have in your purse so if you need to sign something or write something down and there are no other pens around.
 
13.  Mini Deodorant

Sometimes we are in a rush and forget to apply deodorant, or we just feel the need to reapply?  I sure do!  Keeping a mini deodorant in my purse has a been a great help for me or when a friend says she forgot and I can help her out.

14.  Compact Mirror
Another item, like post-its, that isn't a necessity thanks to cellphones these days but sometimes nice to have is a compact mirror.  My iPhone camera is great and I can usually fix my hair in it but sometimes it doesn't always do the trick for me when looking for details or to fix my makeup.

15.  Roller Perfume
A last minute item for when you think you need to add a little smell good!  No one wants to carry an actual bottle of perfume around and I know I always forget to put on perfume.  With women's perfume anyways it always seems to wear off easier than mens cologne does.  Having a roller perfume seems like a great easy go to, to always have in your purse.

16.  Headphones
Long car ride?  Blocking out the world? Want to listen to your music in public?  Well you can't do that without your headphones.  Having headphones in my purse is such an important thing to me because although it rarely happens, I sometimes just find myself having alone time where I want to listen to music.

17.  Spare Feminine Products (Tampons)
Starting and not having a tampon or pad is the worst and if it isn't you, you never want to give your last out!  I prefer keeping a small zipper bag in my purse with some extra tampons and products just in case someone else or myself urgently needs one.

18.  Phone Charger/ Charging Case
With each update, I feel as though my iPhone's battery gets worse and worse, they must just want me to buy a new one!  Well, I can fix that problem by carrying around a charger or having a charger case in my purse so when my battery gets low, no worries I can charge once I get to an outlet.

19.  Snack
Go to the DMV or somewhere and you end up waiting forever so you get a bit hungry?  Same.  Having a healthy snack in your purse in case you need to grab something to eat is something I strongly support.  Although it should probably be healthy, I won't act like I haven't sometimes had a small 4 pack of Oreos in my purse with me on day trips since being in Italy!

20.  Tiny Scissors
This probably seems very strange, I know, but it isn't!  When I was younger my grandma always had scissors in her purse which I thought was crazy.  Since getting older, I started carrying scissors you may give a first grader just in case I ever need them.  I have cut clothing tags when I embarrassingly had forgotten to before leaving or other things that I randomly needed a small pair of scissors for on the go.

21.  ScrewDriver
I'll be honest with this one,  I haven't had a reasonable example of how having a screwdriver in my purse was beneficial but I think I will definitely find myself needing it one day and being grateful I do.  For my little sister and I's birth announcement, my parents handed out small screwdrivers with our name, birthdays, and saying "It's a Girl!".  Maybe it's sentimental for me to carry that around but like I said, I bet one day I need one while on the go!

22.  Cash
Finally, it is important to have cash on you.  Even if it is only $20, having cash is always a good idea because you never know when you'll find yourself that doesn't accept a credit/debit card.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Review *NO SPOILERS*

23 Wilmington Locations All 'One Tree Hill' Fans Must Visit

Night Time Drive Playlist