The Lazy Guide to Baking S'mores Cookies


Whenever I scroll on Pinterest, I always see such appetizing recipes that I pin and pin but never find the time to make.  They always seem to be a bit challenging or take a few hours.  One of my favorite desserts is s'mores but I hate not being able to eat s'mores whenever I want without a bonfire! While trying to decide what to do for date night last night, my boyfriend, Dylan, and I decided we were going to find our own way to easily make s'mores cookies without having to start the cookies from scratch.  While we strolled down the baking aisle at Target we figured out our recipe!

There are two options you can do to make these s'more cookies depending on how much time and effort you'd like to put in.  For the simple and easiest version just use pre-made Toll House cookie dough.  If looking to not start from scratch but still bake cookie dough follow along below!

Ingredients

Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 Stick of Butter
1 Egg
Graham Crackers
Mini Marshmallows
Mini Hershey Bars

Instructions

  1. First heat the oven to 350.
  2. Next mix the Chocolate Chip Cookie mix with one egg and one stick of butter.  
  3. Then crush a cup of graham crackers and add the crushed graham crackers into the mix.  Mix everything until the graham crackers are fully mixed in.
  4. Put the dough mix into balls on a non-greased cooking sheet and into the oven for 6-7 minutes.  You don't want the cookies to be fully baked yet when you pull them out.
    • If using regular store bought cookie dough, this is where you would start! :)
  5. When the 6-7 minutes are up, quickly put 3-4 mini marshmallows and 2-3 mini hershey's on each cookie.  Then put the cookies back into the oven for about 2 more minutes.  This timing depends on how quickly the marshmallows brown and how your cookies are.  I advise watching them and adjusting to each batch.
  6. Once out let them cool, pour a glass of milk and enjoy!

As being just a couple of college kids and cheating by not baking the cookies from scratch, we were nervous about how our cookies would turn out.  I am glad to say they were a huge success and very yummy!  If you try them out comment and let me know how they were!  I can't wait to bake them again and share them fresh out of the oven with my family and friends.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Review *NO SPOILERS*

23 Wilmington Locations All 'One Tree Hill' Fans Must Visit

Night Time Drive Playlist