How I Flared Up My Pictures Like An Insta Pro

I was scrolling on Instagram one day and came across a graphic designer, @tayst .  Her work inspired me and I want to try out what she did with some of her pictures.  I have never taken a graphic design class or honestly any art class since grade school so I had no idea how to do this.  I found my way and drew on a few of my pictures just simply on my phone.  The pictures go as I did them so the first ones aren't the best but hopefully you see improvement as you scroll.  I will be honest when I say some of them actually took an hour or so because I draw most of them.  Recently I have tried to use 'stickers' on the app I'm using but I still for the most part draw what I can!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed making them! 

Casually standing as a model, I took this picture of my friend Nat before our sorority date party.  It was this picture that made me think maybe I could attempt at trying what @Tayst does and I am so happy I did.  (This picture was edited to make the red pop with the white- Nat is not orange LOL)


This is me doing a hand stand while on the beach in Florida.  It is actually the first picture I drew on.  Before doing Nat's I wanted to try a few so I could find my way and figure out what I would do on her dress.


My cousin Matt, his wife Angel and their adorable kiddos!  Adding the blue on the black and white picture was a bit different and fun.  I choose this blue because I thought it would pop more than red or even a pink.


Matt and Angel's daughter from above.  This was when we were in Punta Cana and I thought she looked like such a cute little beach baby!  Looking back I'm not sure about the dots but hey I was just starting!


Here is my mom and I in Punta Cana!  I thought this was so fun because I took our plain black dresses and decorated them!


My baby sister, Isabelle, posed for me while in Florida.  She just wants to play in the water but thankfully will let me take a few forced pictures of here.  Issy is too cute and I enjoyed trying to play with this picture that has the plants behind her.  The plants create an already busy background which seems to not be the best with this style but still a cute picture!


My friend Jessie with her boyfriend at prom!  After doing a few that day I wanted to work on something simple and with her stunning red dress flowing this was a great picture to add a little simple fun. 


THROWBACK!  Here is my dad and I at my sweet sixteen!  A little background to my sweet sixteen: My parents rented out a finished barn where we decorated it with pink and white decorations with many string lights.  I asked all the guests to wear white and I wore my pink Lilly Pulitzer dress.  It was a dream!


Firenze my love!  I am in Florence, Italy on top of the Duomo in this picture.  It is a candid my roommate Courtney had taken of me.  Despite the busy background, the 'drawings' look pretty good.  I struggled when figuring out what I wanted to do.  I had started out with outlining myself then working with the skyline.  I wasn't a fan of that so this is where I ended up!


My gorgeous little sister in Florida again!  Another day and another forced 'photoshoot' with her big sister but she'll live!  On this one I actually did not draw the roses (oops).  I used a sticker that another used on the app designed and made it all white with just the outline of the roses.  I then copied the sticker over and over again to arranged it around Issy.


For this picture of myself I can take zero credit!  Like the roses from the picture of Issy above, I used a sticker made by another user on the app I was using.  I took multiples of the stickers and erased clouds or the raining stars to make this.  I thought the raining stars were just too cute and I loved putting it on the blue garage door I was standing in front of, almost like a little sky!  


How could I not 'draw' on a picture of my favorite boy and I?  Honestly, I am surprised this is the only one I have done!  Here we are in Florida in front of my family's condo.  I once again cannot take full credit.  The hearts were stickers offered on the app I was using so I did not draw those, I only put it all together to design this.

BONUS: I, of course, have to of done a picture of my best friend!  Maeve's picture itself is already stylish but with it's simple background I was able to flare it up a bit more.  I love the planets and mountains on this one and the theme it gives.  I enjoyed making this one because I wasn't sure how it would turn out but this is my final draft.  ;)


I am no artist and probably won't be taking any graphic design classes soon but I am loving trying different things whether drawing on pictures like this, putting videos together, and starting my own blog!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Review *NO SPOILERS*

23 Wilmington Locations All 'One Tree Hill' Fans Must Visit

Night Time Drive Playlist